Keto Chicken orange holiday BBQ salad
At a farmstay for the weekend, didn’t bring much with us but got inspired by a bursting orange tree and some fresh lemon balm. Oranges are 12/100 so high in carbs, but I’ve gotten most of the flavour by cooking the chicken with the rind and the kids were really excited about finding some orange slices in the salad too! Just needed some goats cheese and paprika and this salad would have been next level!
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cucumber diced
- 1 orange peeled and sliced
- Some fresh mint or lemon myrtle about 10 leaves chopped and 1/4 reserved
- 600 g chicken breast diced
- 4 mushrooms
- About 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbs butter
- Cook mushrooms, chicken with salt, butter and orange peels on a BBQ preferably overlooking rolling green hills
- Add cherry tomatoes and 1/4 cup lemon myrtle, cook until done then remove the orange and discard
- Mix spinach, cucumber, fresh herbs, orange with the cooked items for a delicious warm salad
- Dress with olive oil and goats cheese if you have some!
- Light the fireplace and have a glass of wine ?
- *add fat by adding goats cheese, olive oil, a creamy dressing, Brie and crackers, a high fat dessert
For more recipe inspiration and a like minded supportive community, join our FACEBOOK GROUP
You can also check out our COOKBOOKS here.