Keto Ginger bread
Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
These beautiful LCHF, paleo, nut free, dairy free gingerbread biscuits make a delicious addition to any house hold! With thermomix and non-thermomix instructions, thermo foodie and the chef make a keto lifestyle easier and more delicious with every recipe they create!
- 200 g sunflower seeds or natural almonds
- 25 g erythritol/xylitol or sweetener of choice 1.5 Tbs / 6 tsp
- 3 tsp ground ginger powder
- 3 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 150C fan forced (160 non fan)
- Place almonds or seeds, xylitol and spices into the mixer, blend 8 seconds / speed 8 / mc on
- Add vanilla extract and egg white, mix 5 seconds / speed 5 / mc on
- Remove the mixture, roll out between two sheets of baking paper, for mini gingerbread people 1/2cm thickness, for regular size people almost 1cm thick
- Wet your cutter, then shake off excess water, cut your shapes and wet again if it starts to stick, make button indents with a chopstick or something round shaped
- Bake mini shapes 12 minutes, and larger/thicker shapes 15-20 minutes, until just slightly starting to turn golden around the edges
- Allow to cool, store in an airtight container in the fridge once fully cooled
Keeps 1 week in the fridge or 3 months in the freezer
The spices arent very strong as theres not a lot of fat in the recipe, but if you eat it along side a creamy coffee or our Eggnog the flavours are stronger
Tried this recipe?Mention @thermofoodieandthechef or tag #lchfthermofoodies!
For more recipe inspiration and a like minded supportive community, join our FACEBOOK GROUP
You can also check out our COOKBOOKS here.