Keto Harissa paste
- 150 g roasted red capsicum skins removed (or 200g fresh)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 5 peppercorns or . tsp ground pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 cloves garlic 20g
- 100 g extra virgin olive oil
- 400 g tomato puree
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 x fresh large red chillies 50g
- 1 x fresh red bird’s eye chilli 2.5g
- Carefully char capsicum over a flame or rotate under a grill until blackened. Move to a bowl and cover with a lid for 5 minutes to help loosen the skin.
- Remove and discard the blackened skin and also the seeds. (Alternatively purchase pre-roasted capsicums from a delicatessen or jar)
- Place spices and salt into the mixer, toast 5 minutes / varoma temp / speed 1 / mc off
- Grind 1 minutes / speed 9 / mc on
- Remove spice powder, without washing the mixer add garlic, chop 3 seconds / speed 7 / mc on
- Add oil, cook 2 minutes / 100 degrees / mc on
- Add remaining ingredients, blend 30 seconds / speed 7 / mc on
- Use as a finishing condiment or marinade for roast, pan fried or barbecued beef, lamb, chicken, fish and vegetables, or added to mayonnaise for a spicy dip
- Omit chillies for a mild version
Keto Harissa paste
Amount Per Serving (45 g)
Calories 64 Calories from Fat 52
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 0.9g5%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Tried this recipe?Mention @thermofoodieandthechef or tag #lchfthermofoodies!
For more recipe inspiration and a like minded supportive community, join our FACEBOOK GROUP
You can also check out our COOKBOOKS here.
4 comments on “Keto Harissa paste”
The harissa paste is divine, we marinaded a leg of lamb 24hrs and it was devoured to the bone. We also scraped some of the harissa paste marinade off the lamb before we cooked it and put it on the super dough pizza bases, yuuum. ?
Drool!! thank you! xx
Hi just made the paste and wondering what consistency it should be as mine is more a sauce rather than paste. Great taste though.
Sorry just saw this, yes probably more of a sauce-like consistency