Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Incredible keto custard, thermomix and non-thermomix methods, this is the best low carb custard on the web!
- 30 g erythritol/xylitol or sweetener of choice
- 4 egg yolks
- ¼ tsp ground vanilla bean or 1 scraped vanilla bean or 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 400 g whipping/pouring cream
- 1 tsp xanthan gum or 1 Tbs gelatin
- chocolate -1 tsp raw cacoa
- citrus -1/2 tsp lemon or orange zest
- jaffa - both of the above
- Place all ingredients for the custard in, cook 6 minutes / 80 degrees / speed 3 / mc on
- In a heatproof bowl, whisk the sweetener, egg yolks, vanilla and xanthan gum together until pale
- In a heavy saucepan, bring the cream to the boil
- Carefully pour 1/3 of the cream onto the yolk mixture, whisking while you pour, then continue with the remainder
- Tip it back into the pot and return to the stove, whisking until it you get the first bubble, remove from the heat and continue stirring for 1 minute
Tried this recipe?Mention @thermofoodieandthechef or tag #lchfthermofoodies!
For more recipe inspiration and a like minded supportive community, join our FACEBOOK GROUP
You can also check out our COOKBOOKS here.
7 comments on “Keto Custard”
This was the first keto dessert I ever tried and it was so nice that I knew I could do keto and not feel like I was missing out
Thank you, we think so too!
This is a constant in my kitchen, I use cocoa to make it choc custard. It’s my replacement for choc vigeur yoghurt as my afternoon treat. I team it with berry and chia jam from your other recipe, if this is keto, then this is life 🙂
Thank you so much! We’re thrilled that you love this recipe 🙂
My kids love this too…so I hide it!
Will it still work with whole eggs instead?
Oh thats so great to hear! It will, however only cook it to 70C and if serving warm you might find it has a bit of an ‘eggy’ aroma, to combat this you can add a little lemon zest of a drop of edible lemon essential oil to the recipe