Keto Lettuce tacos
- 1 clove garlic 5g
- 1/2 onion 80g
- 2 tsp olive oil 10g
- 1 tsp himalayan fine salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano flakes or 1/2 tsp powdered dried oregano/ 1 Tbs fresh chopped oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 90 g tomato paste
- 500 g full fat mince beef, pork, turkey, chicken or finely chopped mixed vegetable for vegetarian
- 8 large cos lettuce leaves
- 1/2 red capsicum sliced or diced
- 1 avocado diced or mashed
- The green parts of 3 spring onions sliced
- 8 long slices of cucumber
- 200 g sour cream
- 200 g or more grated cheddar cheese chop 5 seconds / speed 5 for 'grated'
Some finely shaved red cabbage would be delicious
and of course add as much chilli as you like for the chilli lovers out there!
- Finely chop onion and garlic (3 seconds / speed 7 / mc on)
- Add the oil
- Gently saute in a large pan 2 minutes (or 3 minutes / varoma temp / speed 1 / mc off)
- Add spices, salt, tomato paste and mince, you really want to do this in a pan now, I did it in the TM and it burns. Cook approx 5 minutes, stirring often, until the liquid has evaporated.
- Serve with mince and garnishes piled onto a lettuce leaf and roll up
- Eat with your hands or turn it all into a fork and spoon worthy taco bowl
- image credit with thanks to Voula Amarantidis
For more recipe inspiration and a like minded supportive community, join our FACEBOOK GROUP
You can also check out our COOKBOOKS here.