New ‘El Paso’ spice mix
Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Versatile spice mix to spice up any dinner!
- 2 Tbs salt
- 2 Tbs ground cumin seeds
- 2 Tbs paprika
- 2 Tbs smoked paprika (or chipotle powder for a kick)
- 1 Tbs garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp fine black pepper
- 2 Tbs dried oregano
- 1 Tbs ground coriander seeds
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl or jar and mix well.
How to use
- Add the spice mix to your meal, 2 tsp per 500g meat, at the start when you are frying the meat. Do not add any extra salt to the meal, but add chilli and other vegetables as desired. If you add more than 500g vegetables, add another tsp spice mix.
- Suggestions; Add 4 tsp spice mix to 1kg sliced chicken breast and pan fry chicken breast with 1 onion and 1/2 a red capsicum finely diced until browned. Serve with lettuce, avocado and sour cream for a quick chicken burrito bowl dinner, (serves 4)
- Suggestions; Add 4 tsp spice mix to 1kg mince meat with 1 onion finely diced. Cook until browned then add 70g tomato paste. Serve with mixed lettuce, avocado, fresh tomato, cheese and sour cream as a taco bowl
- Suggestions; Butterfly a chicken by cutting through the back bone so that you can lay it flat. Rub the skin and flesh with the spice mix, at a rate of 2 tsp per 500g meat. Roast the chicken at 180C for 1 hour. Serve with salad, vegetables or our low carb wraps
Add your serving suggestions beneath in comments!
Tried this recipe?Mention @thermofoodieandthechef or tag #lchfthermofoodies!
For more recipe inspiration and a like minded supportive community, join our FACEBOOK GROUP
You can also check out our COOKBOOKS here.
3 comments on “New ‘El Paso’ spice mix”
This mix is awesome! Very authentic tasting. So quick and easy to make as everything is already ground! Chicken fajitas enjoyed by all!
Just wondering if you mean by fine black pepper, just the normal ground black pepper? Sounds amazing!
yeah like the stuff in a shaker ready to sprinkle onto your food, its fine and powdery