Keto On the Go (chocolate)
Print Recipe Jump to Video Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
This life changing recipe makes LCHF achievable to almost anyone! Make ahead for those times when you need to keep moving, a healthy nutritious drink for all the family, On the Go!
- 300 g cream coconut cream or almond milk (unsweetened)
- 150 g water
- 6 eggs
- 40 g erythritol/xylitol or sweetener of choice
- 10 g cacao 4tsp
- Add all ingredients, cook 11 minutes / 70degrees / speed 3 / mc on
- Blend 10 seconds / speed 7 / mc on
- Pour into a container and drink chilled. Thickens slightly on cooling and the egg taste disappears completely, but can also be drunk warm
- Store in the fridge 5 days or freeze up to a month. Once frozen can be whipped 1 minutes / speed 9 / mc on for delicious healthy icecream
- Place the cream and water into a saucepan and bring to the boil, immediately switch off.
- Whisk the eggs, xylitol and cacao until aerated
- Pour the hot cream on, whisking gently as you pour.
- Return the mixture to the pot, cook over low heat, stirring, for about 3 minutes until it is slightly thickened and coats the back of a wooden spoon
To double this recipe, cook for 14 minutes and blend with care Some people are reducing the eggs to 3 with great success too.
Keto On the Go (chocolate)
Amount Per Serving (210 g)
Calories 326.4 Calories from Fat 314
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 20.1g101%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Tried this recipe?Mention @thermofoodieandthechef or tag #lchfthermofoodies!
For more recipe inspiration and a like minded supportive community, join our FACEBOOK GROUP
You can also check out our COOKBOOKS here.
21 comments on “Keto On the Go (chocolate)”
These look great
Looking forward to tryingbthe pancakes
These taste great with cinnamon and a bit of ginger or chai spices.
Seen so many success stories like to see how this goes
oh god, i just made this and it is so delicious
Absolute favourite recipe from the new book! I made a batch of the coffee flavour for my breakfast/morning meal and a batch of Vanilla to take to work/uni if I get hungry 🙂 great job ladies!
how long in the fridge?
5 days in the fridge in airtight container or freeze and defrost as needed
I make this all the time. I make a vanilla, choc & coffee version. It is the bomb! Filling & delicious
Please tell me what I did wrong. I made chocolate and they tasted like rubber, too much Xanthem gum??
yes, dont add xanthan to this recipe
I love this recipe, i wondered if it would make much difference if i used left over yolks instead of whole eggs?
it would just lower the protein in the drink but yes you can just use the yolks 🙂
I love the chocolate version of this, but how do you go about making a vanilla one?
Omit cacao and add vanilla extract. All variations of this recipe can be found in our Low Carb for Everyone cookbook 🙂
How do you whip it for icecream if it’s frozen solid?
You can freeze in ice block moulds, put it in a bag and smash with a rolling pin, or very carefully chop it on a board, or you can be impatient like me and keep whizzing the machine while the blade spins with the big block of frozen mixture sitting on top and stopping and starting the machine to move the block around so it slowly gets shaved and chopped, this does take aaaages though
Is there a way of making this recipe without the eggs?
you could try thickening with 1/2 tsp xanthan gum however then its really just like drinking a cup of flavoured cream. Perhaps you could also add 2 tbs collagen powder and some water in place of the eggs too which will up the protein and make up the volume. let us know if you try it!
My kids love this even with my super easy changes to make it even healthier! Shh don’t tell. I use meat stock instead of water and add the honey and yolks at the end to keep the amazing nutritional benefits of both being raw. 🙂 🙂 Thank you!
wow amazing! love your work Joy! (secrets safe with us 😉