- 200-600 g chicken breast (or thigh or tenderloins)
- 1/4 tsp salt per 250g
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Cut chicken breasts in half and place into the mixer
- Add salt and oil, cook 15 minutes / varoma temp / reverse / speed soft (slowest speed possible) / mc on
- Check all the chicken is cooked, you can do this by prodding the highest point with a fork and twisting the fork. If it is cooked youll be able to break the meat with the twist of the fork. Another option is to remove a piece and cut into it to check
- If its not all cooked, move it around a bit using some tongs or a fork and cook a further 5 minutes / varoma temp / reverse / speed soft (slowest speed) / mc on
- Shred 5 seconds / reverse / speed 4 / mc on (if your machine does not have reverse, by this stage your meat is probably already shredded from the cooking stage, if it is not already shredded simply shred on speed 3 instead
Tried this recipe?Mention @thermofoodieandthechef or tag #lchfthermofoodies!
For more recipe inspiration and a like minded supportive community, join our FACEBOOK GROUP
You can also check out our COOKBOOKS here.
2 comments on “Shredded Chicken”
What a quick easy way to make shredded chicken.
Great filling for (what feels like hundreds of) school sandwiches I’m making tonight!