What is a Low Carb, Healthy Fat or Banting way of eating?
The basis of our recipes follow a Low Carb Healthy Fat (LCHF) way of eating, which we follow in alignment with the Real Meal Revolution/Banting lifestyle using information & scientific research sourced by Professor Noakes and his Real Meal Revolution team.
Hence we adhere to the Green Orange and Red lists. Green is eat freely, Orange is occasional, and Red we stay well away from.
A (LCHF) or Banting way of eating can be simply explained as (LCHF) Low Carb and Healthy Fat. A complete list of what you can and can’t eat when following a LCHF diet head to the Real Meal Revolution Website http://realmealrevolution.com/
- Start eating less carbs – according to The Real Meal Revolution stick to the Green list & Eat only when hungry * Carbs 20-25 grams or below for weight loss and around 50-100 grams carbs for maintenance.
- Eliminate sugar from your diet.
- Fill up on Healthy Fats – some nuts, seeds, avocado, olive oil, dairy & animal fat. This will help satiate your appetite and fuel the body
- Eat more whole foods and start reading product nutritional labels
- Of course use our recipes to help make delicious and easy LCHF food for you and your family.
For more information purchase the The Real Meal Revolution by Professor Tim Noakes, Sally-Ann Creed, Jonno Proudfoot and David Grier, as it is the ultimate Banting book which will explain everything and anything you want to know about Banting/LCHF.
For more information join our growing community at https://www.facebook.com/groups/LCHFThermoFoodies/
We also have a very knowledgeable Admin and Registered Nurse on our team, Julie-Anne Clarke who is available to answer your LCHF questions. Julie-Anne also offers personlised help with getting started on your LCHF journey via our facebook page or via her website: https://lchfgettingstarted.com/
If you have any questions for us email: email@example.com